Posting, if you haven’t already noticed, will be sporadic this week. There are a lot (too many, really) of things that need to be done.
1) Unpack boxes of books (18 of them) from the Pasadena Book Fair. While putting them back, dust off all shelves and books that sit on them. I try to do that dusting part at least twice a year.
2) Input invoices into Book Hound (computer program) from Pasadena Book Fair. Make sure sold inventory is deducted off of website.
3) Complete 2010 tax report for accountant, with whom I have a meeting Friday. Every year I swear I am going to develop a better system for book-keeping, and every year my absolute distaste for numbers makes me procrastinate until it is too late. Now I am left to organize 12 months of receipts and make some sense of them.
4) Catalogue new acquisitions from Pasadena Book Fair and San Francisco Book Fair.
5) Begin writing a new article for BookThink.
6) Begin a project which feels to me like the culmination of all my goals, hopes, and dreams for Book Hunter’s Holiday since I started my business four years ago. I can’t tell you anymore about it right now.
Did I mention that my kids have this entire week off of school and are home with me all day every day and that they want to go out and do fun things with me? And that I want to go out and do fun things with them during this week of no homework and reduced sports practices?
I’ll be back just as soon as I can. And when I return, I’ll let you know how much actually got done by Friday.
See you in the stacks!