Found a nice book last weekend in fine condition. Bought it. Took it home and began to examine it more closely and to write an accurate description of condition. Flipped through the pages and found a single sheet of (unused, thank God!) toilet paper used as a bookmark. Enough said.
Shop online for fine antiquarian books at our store
What is an antiquarian bookseller, anyway?Click here to find out.
The story behind our logo:Read it here.
What I’m Reading
The Prague Cemetery, by Umberto Eco
Reamde, by Neal Stephenson
My Life as Laura: How I Searched for Laura Ingalls Wilder and Found Myself, by Kelly Kathleen Ferguson
The Provincial Lady in Wartime, by E.M. Delafield
As Always, Julia: The Letters of Julia Child and Avis DeVoto: Food, Friendship, and the Making of a Masterpice, Edited by Joan Reardon
Mrs. 'Arris Goes to Paris, by Paul Gallico
Stillmeadow and Sugarbridge, by Gladys Taber and Barbara Webster
Spencer's Mountain, by Earle Hamner, Jr.
- Chapter 421 Identifying First Editions of Laura Ingalls Wilder's Little House Series
- Chapter 665 TV Laura Ingalls vs. Book Laura Ingalls -- Is There Room for Both?
- Chapter 92 A Small Space vs. A Room of One's Own, Or, Kitchen Table Wisdom
- Chapter 133 Extreme Home Makeover -- Well, Kind of . . .
- Chapter 485 Creating One's Own Hell, Dante-style
- Chapter 604 It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like . . . Electric Guitar Playing Nutcrackers